AASA National Principal Supervisor Academy Alumni, Online, Tuesday, 01. September 2020
About this Event
Based on participants’ feedback, the University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership (CEL) is offering extended learning opportunities to NPSA graduates: virtual coaching and, for those who are interested, a small-group professional learning community.
Please be sure to register by June 1.
CEL will provide 3 hours of individualized virtual coaching to be scheduled between September 2020 and May 2021.
The focus of these sessions will be guided by your needs and interests. Practice areas you may want to discuss include:
- Challenges you are facing in teaching, coaching, supervising and evaluating principals.
- How you are developing and facilitating principal learning communities that support improved student
- How to most effectively observe and analyze teaching and learning, as well as support principals in
providing effective feedback.
- How to most effectively facilitate professional development for principals.
- How to work most effectively with other central office departments to support principals.
- How to differentiate support for novice to veteran principals.
Cost: $1,645 per participant for 3 hours of virtual coaching.
COACHING SUPPORT & PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY
CEL will provide 3 hours of individualized virtual coaching, as well as two 2-hour virtual PLC sessions to promote learning and connections among participants, between September 2020 and May 2021.
Virtual PLCs will be based on topics participants identify as important for their continued growth and development as principal supervisors. CEL will survey participants ahead of time to determine topics. As appropriate, CEL will provide content and tools to support participant learning. To ensure authentic learning, each participant will have the opportunity to present a problem of leadership practice to PLC colleagues. CEL will use a consultancy protocol to facilitate collegial interaction around these topics.
The goals for the Professional Learning Community are to:
- Engage in a network of colleagues across the country to develop capacity for results.
- Model learning and collaboration at all levels of the system.
- Support and learn with and from peers in a PLC Structure
Cost: $2,455 per participant for coaching and PLC participation.
Note: must have 5 participants to secure PLC offering.