Carbon Literacy for Interested Organisations - Online, November, Online, Tuesday, 10. November 2020
About this Event
Online sessions will run:
- Tues 10th Nov, 10am-12pm
- Tues 17th Nov, 10am-12pm
- Tues 24th Nov, 10am-12pm
This accredited course will equip you and your organisation to bring about the rapid reduction in carbon emissions required in the next few years by the climate emergency.
- Have you heard of Carbon Literacy and are intrigued by the concept?
- Do you want to become Carbon Literate?
- Do you want to run your own Carbon Literacy courses?
Carbon Literacy is defined as "An awareness of the carbon dioxide costs and impacts of everyday activities, and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.”
This new, online version of Carbon Literacy is a generic version of the course suitable for individuals and those from a range of sectors including communities, the public sector, education and businesses. It covers everything covered by an ordinary Carbon Literacy course and offers insights into beginning to planning your own Carbon Literacy course tailored for your own organisation or audience.
Over three tutor-led online sessions it will cover:
- Climate change science
- Carbon footprints
- Social equity in relation to climate change
- What you can do to act - as an individual and at a organisational level
- Strategies and skills for communicating action on climate change
- A chance to reflect on the impact climate change is and will have
- How to begin creating your own Carbon Literacy course
According to a poll carried out in April 2020, the public would like the government to treat the climate emergency with the same urgency they have treated the coronavirus pandemic. Now is the time to learn new skills to help us tackle the climate emergency.
In order to achieve accreditation you will need to:
- Attend three Zoom sessions (6 hours in total)
- Do some work at home ahead of the course (1.5 hours. Involves watching a documentary and completing an online carbon footprint tool)
- Complete some homework between sessions, including a short written assessment. This assessment will be submitted to the Carbon Literacy Project (CLP). CLP accredits the course and will check your assessment before issuing certificates. (approx. 1 hour in total)
If you are interested in an in-house course for you organisation please contact us via Eventbrite.