Consortium/Induction Training, Online, Wednesday, 12. August 2020
About this Event
New hires/learning facilitators and administrators new to the profession, or new to designing and implementing the ideal learning experience through transforming traditional school structures, are encouraged to join us for this learning experience. We will start with one full day of online, synchronous training in the summer, followed by monthly synchronous, afterschool, (1 hour) webinar sessions.
We will build an understanding of a variety of topics such as: vision, mission, building a culture of voice & choice and procedural transparency, implementing learning goals/learning progressions, designing instruction, etc. We will draw from the experience of veteran teachers within our collaborative of schools who will join us during our monthly webinars. The MCL Shifting the Mindset Learning Path Series will be used as an additional resource.
Outcomes: Participants will understand:
• how a culture of voice and choice and growth mindset can be developed within their classrooms/schools.
• the Mass Customized Learning Vision and how to develop a shared classroom vision with their learners.
• the role of guiding principles and how to identify structures that do not support a customized learning environment.
• the 3 parts of a curriculum of learning progressions (content, habits of mind, complex reasoning).
• instructional design by writing a lesson that appropriately uses the 3 parts of our curriculum/learning progression model.
• how to unpack and track learner progress on learning goals and provide effective feedback.