Embroidery Portraits - Mixed Media Workshop with Whitney Avra, Online, Saturday, 22. August 2020
About this Event
Join us LIVE and learn how to create a mystical mixed media portrait with acrylic, paint pens, and embroidery thread! Led by mixed media artist Whitney Avra
In this 2-hour workshop, we will work on a 5x7” portrait (included in your kit) and learn basic embroidery techniques and colorful stitches. Add life and meaning to your portrait with the guidance of artist Whitney Avra as we work through embellishing the portrait together.
Here's How to Register for The Cathedral's Online Art Workshops:
- Register for the workshop as you normally would here on Eventbrite.
- If purchasing SHIPPING - send an email to email with shipping address right away so we can get your kit to you on time
- If purchasing PICK-UP - select a pick-up time during the week of your workshop here: https://calendly.com/kelleyc/material-kit-pick-up (Pick-up times available below)
Times available for curbside pick-up @ The Cathedral - 2403 East 16th Street :
- Thursday from 12p-**
- Friday from 12p-**
- 1 business day before class, you will receive an email from us with the Zoom meeting information. You must have a Zoom account - get yours free . Click the Zoom link at the workshop start time and enter your unique meeting ID.
For questions, email email.
- 3, 5x7” portraits on paper
- 5x7” piece of foam core
- 4 paint markers
- Sequins & beads of multiple colors
- Embroidery thread: shades of yellow, red, blue, black, green, orange, purple, white
- 2 sewing needles