Hear For You Teen Community Catch Up Online Session, Online, Tuesday, 18. August 2020
About this Event
Hear For You is a place like no other – it’s a place where young deaf or hard of hearing teenagers can hang out amongst other peers, have lots of fun and make lots of friends. Our mentors understand and remember well the challenges that a young deaf or hard of hearing teenager can experience.
We are checking in with our community and want to make sure you are ok during these isolating times.
Please join us for our next Community Mid Week Catch Up Online Session!
This is an opportunity for deaf and hard of hearing teens to connect and chat with other teens of the same age.
We will also answer any NDIS questions you may have.
The session will be moderated by a Hear For You Staff member or Mentor.
Once you have registered, we will then email you a Zoom Invite for your workshop time.
If you have any questions please email email
Can I use my current NDIS funding to cover future online workshops?
Yes this is possible. During registration for the NDIS ticket, please fill out the required information so we can process the NDIS booking on our end.
Which NDIS Support Categories will the funding be charged under?
There are two Support Categories to use:
Support Category No.9 "Increased Social and Community Participation"
- Support Item: Life transition planning including mentoring, peer support and individual skill development.
- Support Item Ref No. 09_006_0106_6_3
- Description: Establishing volunteer assistance within the participant’s home or community to develop skills. For instance, assistance in attending appointments, shopping, bill paying, taking part in social activities and maintaining contact with others.
If Support Category No.9 is unavailable, Support Cluster No.15 can be used:
Support Category No. 15 "Improved daily living skills"
- Support Item: Assistance with decision making, daily planning, budgeting
- Support Item Ref No. 15_035_0106_1_3
- Description: Provision of time limited support to assist a person to develop and maintain daily budget, including assisting in planning purchases.
How many NDIS hours are actually needed for this event?
1 hour per session
I am currently planning to register on the NDIS, what information do I need to present to the NDIA planner?
Please go to for all the required information
What if I am not on the NDIS/I am not eligible for the NDIS and I would to love to attend, what do I do?
1. You can choose to register on a Non-NDIS ticket and pay the fee of $30,
2. If you have financial hardship, please email email to disccuss.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the online workshops?
If you are a deaf/hard of hearing high school teenager who communicates via speaking, this event is perfect for you!
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You don't have to bring anything. Or maybe just a smile?
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?