Live Virtual Classroom Python API Development - Python Programming 3 Days, Online, Wednesday, 08. April 2020
About this Event
Python API Development Fundamentals 3 Day Course with 1 Hour Webex Follow up
This course teaches you all that’s needed to build a fully functional web application from scratch. You’ll learn all the necessary tools and modules that are required in the process. Beginning with the basics of RESTful API, you’ll complete the course by building and deploying an industry-grade web application..
Python is a flexible language that can be used for much more than just script development. By knowing how the Python RESTful APIs work, you can build a powerful backend for web applications and mobile applications using Python.
You'll take your first steps by building a simple API and learning how the frontend web interface can communicate with the backend. You'll also learn how to serialize and deserialize objects using the marshmallow library. Then, you'll learn how to authenticate and authorize users using Flask-JWT. Apart from all this, you'll also learn how to enhance your APIs by adding useful features, such as email, image upload, searching, and pagination. You'll wrap up the whole course by deploying the APIs to the cloud.
By the end of this course, you'll have the confidence and skill to leverage the power of RESTful APIs and Python to build efficient web applications.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the concept of a RESTful API
• Build a RESTful API using Flask and the Flask-Restful extension
• Manipulate a database using Flask-SQLAlchemy and Flask-Migrate
• Send out plaintext and HTML format emails using the Mailgun API
• Implement a pagination function using Flask-SQLAlchemy
• Use caching to improve API performance and efficiently obtain the latest information
• Deploy an application to Heroku and test it using Postman
This course takes the learning by doing approach to explain concepts to you. You’ll build a real-life web application by implementing each concept that you learn in theory. This way you’ll reinforce your new skill.
This course is ideal for aspiring software developers who have basic to intermediate knowledge in Python programming and want to develop web applications using Python. Knowledge about how web applications work will be beneficial but is not essential.
Lesson 1. Your First Step
• API/REST Introduction
• API building practise（What is HTTP Verb and Status Code?）
Lesson 2. Starting to Build Our Project
• Building our first python project
• Going through project structure (blueprint）
• RESTful API（Creating/Modifying/Deleting users）
Lesson 3. Manipulating a Database with SQLAlchemy
• New user registration
• Creating new menu
Lesson 4. Authentication and Security with JWT
• Login function
• Logout function
• Access control for your food recipe
Lesson 5. Object Serialization with marshmallow
• Verifying user registered details
Lesson 6. Email Confirmation
• Email functions
• Activating member accounts
Lesson 7. Working with Images
• Adding member profile pictures
• Adding photos for recipes
Lesson 8. Pagination, Searching, and Ordering
Lesson 9. Building More Features
• Implement rate-limiting functionality for an API
• Use cache to improve API performance and efficiently get the latest information
Lesson 10. Deployment
• Deploy your application to cloud
• Testing and wrap up
Acumen Envision run Technical IT courses that are engaging, creative and with content that sticks.
We don't believe in traditional & acceptable We do believe in Creative, Engaging & Sticky. People are not the same, the way they learn is not the same so a program has to engage all mindsets. We use a complex mix of engaging tools combined first class classroom delivery, and continuous measurement to ensure we produce true mindset and behavioural change.
Without our highly skilled training team all of the pre-course consultancy and technology customisation would just not work. The wealth of experience and real world scenarios that they bring to each classroom module enhances the discussion, engagement and overall delivery. So, whether your people are attending a 1-1 Group or Public Technology program they will receive top level classroom tuition as part of their overall learning experience.
Acumen Envision the Transformation Specialists
Specialist Technical IT Training, Sticky Effective Disruptive, We Deliver First Class Results.
Data Science Training for Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Software Developers or Anyone working in a role or wanting to work with large data sets.
Our Data Science courses cover Data Visualization, Python, Jupyter, R, AI, Machine Learning, Data Wrangling, Excel VBA, Access VBA, Scala, Spark, Power BI, Tableau and much more.
Courses run for Data People by Data Specialists.
• The latest Data Science course content
• Trainers who enjoy Data Science, delivering courses and talking about real word examples.
• Detailed course work book to take away
• Our Extras Pack for post course learning
• Certificate of completion
• Unlimited Refreshments
Why our content sticks.
• We take time to know our participants with pre course evaluation
• We don’t run large class sizes
• Our courses are delivered by subject matter experts who make the content engaging
• We like Hands on, so you can absorb the theory with practice
• We provide a 1-hour WebEx follow up to see how you are getting on to give any additional advice
Want something different?
• Can I have a course on my own. Yes, you can we can provide a 1:1 course for you either on-site or in centre.
• 1-1 or Group Training for your business, no problem.
We can customise content, combine courses or develop a program around your team or specific need.
• Need us to look at something specific, in a black hole with Excel / Access or need to migrate large amounts of data then please contact us to discuss in more detail. Our training are experts in their own field and spend 40% of their time providing on / off site consultancy.
What happens after I book?
• You will get a booking confirmation once you have placed your order.
• If you are booking a course over a weekend don’t worry one of our team will contact you via email on Monday to double check the details with you and check to see if you would like to book an optional lunch.
• We will send you the link to down load all of the tools and software needed for your course.
• 7 Days before your course date we send a reminder
• The morning of the course the course lecturer will greet you in reception if 1:1 course or in the training room if a group course.
• If you need help with anything don’t panic simply call or email us and we will assist.
Our list of Data Science Courses
• Applied Data Science with Python & Jupyter
• Applied Data Visualization with R and ggplot2
• Artificial Intelligence with Big Data
• Big Data Analysing with Python
• Big Data Processing with Apache Spark
• Data Science for Marketing Analytics
• Data Science Projects with Python
• Data Virtualisation with Python
• Data Wrangling with Python
• Excel – Introduction
• Excel – Advanced
• Excel for Data Analysis with Power Pivot
• Excel – Forecasting Data
• Excel – Sparkline and Mapping Data
• Excel – Visualising Data with Charts
• Excel - Dashboards
• Excel VBA Programming
• Access VBA
• VBA Programming
• Microsoft Power BI Data Analysis Professional
• Microsoft Power BI Data Analysis Practitioner
• Scala and Spark with Big Data Analytics
• Python Programming Introduction
• Python Advanced Programming
• Python API Development
• Python Microservices Development
• Machine Learning with Python
• Applied Unsupervised Learning with Python Libraries
• SQL for Data Analytics
• SQL Query Fundamentals
• Tableau Introduction
• Tableau Advanced
We will provide a refund for all cancellations received 14 days prior to the event.
We accept name changes up to 3 days before the event at no additional cost , if you are unable to attend.
If for any reason we have to cancel the event we will offer you the option to move onto the next available date, attend an alternative course or we will provide a full refund.
Please note that we are not liable for any travel or accommodation costs relating to your course booking.
We always try to help and be as fair as possible, so please contact us at your earliest convenience if you are unable to attend a course you have booked, so we can look at the options available for you.