Music Theory Course (3) VIRTUAL, Online, Wednesday, 11. November 2020
About this Event
Whether you sing in a choir ?play a musical instrument ? or simply enjoy the challenge or learning something new, this 5-week course will equip you with the following:
- Understanding of double-dots
- Recognising chords in Root, 1st Inversion and 2nd Inversion ?
- Study of Major, Minor, Dominant 7th, Half-Diminished and Diminshed Chords ?♬
- Scales and Key Signatures up to and including 5 flats or sharps ♯ ♭
- Technical names of the diatonic scale
- Recognition of the trill, turn, mordent, appogiatura and acciaccatura.
It will be an advantage if you have some previous knowledge.
Helen Astrid has considerable experience running music theory courses both in the classroom and online. She lectures for Bishopsgate Institute, Cambridge University and Imperial College London and the International School of London. Helen is also Director of Corporate Singing Workshops delivering bespoke training sessions for companies and organisations around the world.