Safeguarding in Education for DSLs and Safeguarding Leaders - KeepSafe, Online, Friday, 04. December 2020
About this Event
This course will have a significant focus the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education for teaching and maintaining online safety in schools and to students support pupils and their parents to keep themselves safe online. As always, the course will also cover the important elements of managing safeguarding in schools to ensure it is fully compliant with the statutory requirements.
It explores safeguarding in schools, colleges and early years settings based upon the guidance given by the government in Keeping Children Safe in Education and is relevant for people in lead safeguarding roles across all agencies working with children and young people.
Please note that payment can be made via invoice. Within the payments section you can select Pay by Invoice as an alternative to Credit/Debit Card.
All bookings for KeepSafe courses are subject to our Terms and Conditions, including our Cancelation Policy available on our website: www.keepsafe.xyz.
Safeguarding in Education for Desginated Safeguarding Leads, their deputies and Governors with Lead Responsibilities meet the requirements of the Local Safeguarding Children Board and is the equivelent of the old 'spacialist' and 'group 5' courses.
- Provide key knowledge on the statutory requirements on schools and colleges and how to meet those in their establishments.
- Review Ofsted's expectations for safeguarding and what they are looking for to demonstrate to them you are meeting your statutory requirements.
- Understand how your school can implement the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education with regard to safe use of the internet including social media.
- Understand Herefordshire pathway of intervention with specific regard to HSCB’s Levels of Need and multi-agency referral form to MASH.
- Explore key themes and learning from local and national Serious Case Reviews and how these are relevant to safeguarding in organisations.
- Raise confidence in safeguarding systems to enable learners to deliver introductory safeguarding training to other staff.