Virtual City Career's Conference- Preparing for the new dawn, Online, Tuesday, 17. November 2020
About this Event
Welcome to the long-awaited Virtual City Careers Conference!
The event is a great opportunity to meet senior leaders and gate keepers within industry. It allows you to build a network of leaders within industry and enables you to be part of the conversation for change.
The Event Theme:
Preparing for the new dawn (Economic recovery from COVID and life after Brexit, how to prepare to tackle/ succeed in our new environment).
4.30 pm: Keynote:
Our Key will speak on the event theme "Preparing for the new dawn (Economic recovery from COVID and life after Brexit, how to prepare to tackle/ succeed in our new environment)."#
5.15 pm: Breakout Session 1 : Getting into and succeeding in industry sessions
Hear from industry leaders within different functions in the below sectors
- Banking and Finance
- Creative Sector
6pm - Free time
Attendees have the option of attending one of the following:
- Employers = Videos of employers sharing their opportunities and programmes with our dream hunters
- Speed mentoring = connecting to young people to talk to industry leaders
- Taking a break and returning for the final workshop
7pm - 8pm - Final Break Out Sessions: Skills / Career masterclasses
Sessions include (more to be announced):
- Making a great first impression and standing out from the crowd
- How not to get rejected
- Building allies and mentors and getting them to sponsor you within the organisation?
- CV Workshop
The event allows you to either participate or just observe. We recommend you get involved, ask questions, and make connections - to get most out of the day and engaging with the leaders and mentors that we have present.
The theme of the event and the entire week's conference is "Move To Equality". Our keynote speakers will share where they are now, how their business is trying to move to equality, and how they are going to #ActivateChange within their company and industry.The #CityCareer experience:
- Talks and keynotes from industry professionals
- 'Making It Happen' Masterclasses
- Application zone where you will be able to learn from HR professionals and recruitment leads
- Employer & Volunteer zone where you will be able to engage with volunteering opportunities and employers looking to connect with talent.
On our virtual platform you can: Explore the Stage, Networking, Sessions, and Expo.
We've gathered mentors and senior leaders from top companies with one goal:To #ActivateChange by empowering our young people and career changers during uncertain times.
Apply to attend or purchase your ticket today - Make meaningful career progress even from home!
You deserve a mentoring experience that connects you to the world of today:
- Learn from senior leaders as to how they made it in their professions.
- Benefit from attending small masterclasses where you can engage, learn and discuss how to break into the industry with leading professionals.
- Learn from HR and recruitment leads the secrets to making a great application, standing out in an interview - to secure that coveted role.
- Build a professional network and meet people in industry via automated one to one speed mentoring sessions.
- Feel inspired with new work and volunteering opportunities currently available.
The Virtual City Careers Conference 2020 is for you.
An hour of some of our speakers time is the same value as a bar of gold. It's an evening not to be missed.
4.15 pm: Pre-event Networking
4.30 pm: Welcome, Opening Remarks and Keynotes (In main room)
5.15 pm: Getting into and succeeding in industry sessions
Select your industry-focused sessions
6pm Free time, here you can move around the platform and decide to do any of the following things:
- Speed Mentoring
- Application Zone
- Employer and Volunteer Zone
7 pm: Final Break Out Sessions: Skills / Career Masterclasses
8 pm: Closing remarks and event Engs
Free Time Employer and Volunteer Zone
Join sessions with employers, and learn more about their application process. Ask questions and make your next move.
Free Time - Virtual Speed Mentoring - One to One with industry
In the speed mentoring zone you will be matched automatically at 10 minute intervals with our industry mentors. You will be able to speak to them via webcam on a one to one basis.
The processes is automated and is designed to enable you to connect and learn from as many industry leaders as possible.
We hope to benefit as many attendees with ongoing support after the event. Support includes mentoring and career days delivered in partnership with our sponsors.
Some attendees will be selected for ongoing support, including workshops, career days and access to some of our work experience and insight programmes at employers.
Note there are real active jobs and programmes that you will be able to engage with HR managers about on the day.Our aims: Network, Learning, Achieving
- To connect diverse talent to companies looking to hire diverse talent
- Identifying influential business leaders from the community to share their career stories and the struggles they faced to get to where they are now
- To inspire and help attendees move forward with their career path
- Showcase career options and opportunities available
- A casual, welcoming atmosphere
- Direct access to Leading figures
- Top and secret tips about career progression
- Diversity of audience
- Speakers who are inspiring and want to inspire other people (paying it forward)
- Opportunity to sign up to our mentoring program