Webinar Recording: Treatment Strategies for the Ankle and Foot Complex, Online, Wednesday, 25. March 2020
About this Event
This webinar is sponsored by
Treatment Strategies for the Ankle and Foot Complex
The ankle and foot complex represent the foundation of the human body, with imbalances having widespread effects throughout the entire kinetic chain. Manifestations of pelvic, knee, hip, lower back, neck and shoulder pain may originate with a fallen medial longitudinal arch of the foot.
In this webinar we will explore the anatomy and treatment strategies for the ankle & foot complex with emphasis on manual therapy and corrective exercise to correct a fallen medial arch of the foot.
• Anatomy of the lower limb, ankle and foot complex.
• The transverse arches of the foot.
• The medial and longitudinal arches of the foot.
• The myofascial lines which effect the ankle and foot complex.
• Anatomy of the tibialis posterior, peroneals, tibialis anterior and subtalar joint.
• Anatomy of the invertors and evertors of the feet.
• Signs and symptoms of a hyper-pronated foot and the compensations throughout the entire kinetic chain.
• Strategies to assess and treat a fallen medial longitudinal arch of the foot with remedial massage and myofascial release techniques.
• Corrective exercises to address flat feet.
• Treatment strategies to treat a supinated foot with remedial massage and myofascial release.
Presenter - Chris O'Brien:
Chris O'Brien DRM, Dip Nut, CPT, RSCT has been in private practice since 1998 and holds Diplomas in Craniosacral Therapy, Nutrition and Remedial Massage; Certificates in Myofascial Release and Personal Training.
He has undertaken extensive training in craniosacral therapy with Upledger Institute (USA) and has taught in Sydney Natural Therapy Colleges for over 15 years.
In 2003, Chris developed Core Body Therapy, delivering high quality courses in myofascial release to hundreds of practitioners including massage therapists, physiotherapists, pilates instructors and speech pathologists.
Chris' comprehensive training in myofascial release, trigger point therapy, craniosacral therapy and deep tissue massage coupled with his knowledge of nutrition and fitness give him the leading edge as he is considered an expert in this field.
CPE: 1.5 CPE points
How to access the webinar : Keep an eye out for your order confirmation email, which will contain access to the webinar.
ATMS Cancellation Policy: Please note that webinar recording purchases are non-refundable.