Yellow Belt Certificate/Certificat Ceinture jaune, Online, Tuesday, 08. December 2020
About this Event
The Lean Yellow Belt certificate workshop is targeted to:
- Teams and individuals overwhelmed by a backlog of work who want to identify and address breakdowns in the process to get ahead and reduce frustration
- Employees of organizations who want to undertake a low-risk Lean experiment to build expertise before implementing large-scale improvements
- Individuals who have recently joined an organization undergoing Lean improvement(s) who need to get up to speed on Lean
The learning objectives of this course include:
- Develop an understanding of what Lean is and how it applies to knowledge work
- Learn basic Lean tools and techniques to remove non-value added work and reduce frustration
- Learn how to apply DMAIC (a structured 5-step approach to process improvement) to begin facilitating improvement projects and get results.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Lean as it applies to knowledge work
- How to identify and eliminate interruptions to flow and waste (the 8 Lean Wastes)
- Introduction to the DMAIC 5-step approach to process improvement
- DEFINE (current situation, target situation, problem statements, objectives)
- MEASURE (collecting process data, value stream mapping)
- ANALYZE (data analysis to find and prioritize root causes)
- IMPROVE (identify, prioritize, plan, test and implement solutions)
- CONTROL/CONTINUE (implement controls to sustain improvements, begin continuous improvement and manage the people side of Lean implementation)
Are there any pre-requisites for this program?
No. There are no pre-requisites for White, Yellow or Green Belt training. Each workshop builds upon a similar base of introductory Lean material and goes into an increasing level of depth depending on the duration of the workshop. (White Belt: 1-day, Yellow Belt: 3-days, Green Belt: 8-days)
Are group discounts available?
Yes. Group discounts are offered as follows:
- 3-5 people: 5% discount
- 5-9 people: 10% discount
- 10+ people: 15% discount
If you are registering a group, please contact email to receive your discount.